Questions about the ASTM standard and the SEI compliance system, or this information, may be directed to New York State Horse Council Safety Chairperson Dru Malavase at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 2270 County Road 39 RD 2 Bloomfield, NY 14469. I can be reached at home at 716 657-7053 after 7:30 p.m. and on weekends
Article Index (click to view document):
- New York State Equestrian Helmet Statute
- Introducer’s Memorandum in Support of New York Equestrian Helmet Bill
- Vehicle and Traffic Law § 1265. WEARING OF HELMETS
- General Business Law § 396-DD. RENTING OF HORSES; HELMETS AND SAFETY INFORMATION.
- Why Should You Wear a Certified Riding Helmet?
- Why Wear a Helmet Certified to Independent Standards?
- Selecting and Fitting ASTM/SEI Helmets
- Safe Horses, Safe Riders, Safe Handlers (links to publications)
- Management Safety Guidelines - Requirements for organizers of NYSHC Events
- Learn how to keep your horses and barn safe from fire at www.laurieloveman.com
- Stübben Steeltec Horseback Riding Stirrups Recalled Due to Fall Hazard
- Horse Disaster Plan Booklet
Dru Malavase: Fingerlakes Region Director
Safety Committee Chairman Dru Malavase became a member of the New York State Horse Council on the recommendation of one if its founders and its second President, Rufus Wesson of Mendon. Mr. Wesson was also President of the United States Pony Clubs and the Rochester-Monroe County Chapter of the American Red Cross, both organizations devoted to safety and injury prevention. Dru’s similar interest in safety led her to become the Executive Director and First Aid Instructor Trainer of the West Ontario County Chapter of Red Cross and Safety Committee Chairman for the United States Pony Clubs. She was the original Chairman and current Co-Chairman of the American Society for Testing and Materials’ Committee on Protective Equestrian Headgear and a member of the United States Equestrian Federation Safety Committee. As the STOP-DWI Coordinator for Ontario County for the past 25 years she has been honored as one of New York’s leading experts on highway safety issues.